Announcements are displayed and highlighted at the top or bottom of every page, or a group of posts or pages.
To Make an Announcement
When logged in:
- Select Settings / Announcer from the left sidebar menu.
- Click “Create New Announcement”.
- Give your announcement a name (for reference – it is not displayed).
- Type your announcement in the text box. (You can include html code.)
- Select “Show Announcement” – “Yes”.
- Select the date on which you want the announcement displayed.
- Choose whether to allow visitors to close the announcement.
- Select where the announcement is to be displayed (normally “Top Static”). You can select location rules, themes and effects or Just click “Update” at the bottom of the screen.
These allow you choose to display your announcement on selected individual pages or posts or on groups of posts or pages.
Themes and Effects
Box Styles allow you to select from a range of different styles for your announcement. Normally “Style 1” is sufficient.
Border, background and text colours can be chosen. Select contrasting text and background colours. Check that your combination of colours still works if there are any links in your announcement.
You can add additional styling and effects. Normally “No Effect” is adequate.