A Community Update on the planning process for the redevelopment of Harold Park was held on Wednesday 2nd December 2009 at St Scholastica’s College from 6.30 till 7.30 p.m.
(the following information is taken from City of Sydney council’s website). During the Council’s first stage of community consultation over 200 people attended a community workshop in Glebe. Council received an additional 49 responses through other feedback channels. That feedback is being used to inform Council’s technical studies and the development of new planning controls.
Key themes arising from the first phase of consultation include:
– traffic, parking and transport
– housing type and design, including the height of development
– open space, parkland and habitat corridors
– cultural, community and sporting uses
– conservation and adaptive reuse of the Tram Sheds
At this Community Update the Council explained the process of developing a Local Environment Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP) and how the feedback provided can be interpreted in a planning context. Council is planning a further community workshop in early 2010.