All members of the Society, and especially new members, are cordially invited to attend the Annual General Meeting of the Society at Glebe Town Hall, St Johns Rd Glebe on Sunday 20 August at 11am.
In addition to the usual business activities of the AGM, we will be addressed by guest speakers Senior Constable Renee Fortuna, Youth Liaison Officer, and Detective Inspector Gavin Beck, Crime Manager, of the Leichhardt Local Area Command. They will speak about the work they do with youth programs in the Glebe area. Renee is a talented amateur boxer and works closely with Indigenous youth in the Glebe area. Members might remember hearing her speak at the Centipede fundraiser last year.
Office bearers of the Society and other members of the Management Committee will be elected at the AGM and members are warmly encouraged to consider the benefits of active involvement in your Society. The positions open for election are President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary, as well as five other member positions.
Download the Nomination for Management Committee 2017 form. Nominations must be received by the Secretary no later than Sunday 13 August 2017 at 11am. I invite you to get in touch with me to discuss your interest in joining the Management Committee and to learn more about what is involved. We will be happy to provide information about the Management Committee and our very active subcommittees, which are open to any member to join.
Agenda for the AGM
- Welcome and acknowledgement of country (Allan Hogan)
- Minutes of 2016 Annual General Meeting for confirmation
- Treasurer’s report for 2016-2017 (Jane Gatwood)
- Subcommittee reports (including questions on reports already published)
- President’s report (Allan Hogan)
- Election of Management Committee for 2017-2018 (Allan Hogan)
- Guest speakers: Senior Constable Renee Fortuna and Detective Inspector Gavin Beck
- Close of meeting & refreshments