Lew Hoad Reserve, on Minogue Crescent next to the PCYC, was originally marshy ground between the mouths of Johnston’s Creek and White’s Creek. It was reclaimed in the 1870s. In 1965, it was named after Lew Hoad, who was a daily visitor to the Police Boys Club as a youth.

A member of the Glebe Society, Wayne Carveth, has send us some photos of Glebe. Two are particularly interesting. One is a carving in the rock face at Lew Hoad Reserve (‘1918 FIGA’) and the other is election graffiti from 1958 (“put Liberals last”).

Does anyone know anything about either of these? 

“1918 FIGA” graffiti near Minogue Crescent footpath
1958 election graffit on cliff face