All members of the Society, and especially new members, are cordially invited to attend the Annual General Meeting of the Society at Glebe Town Hall, St Johns Rd Glebe on Sunday 28 August at 11am.
In addition to the usual business activities of the AGM, we will be addressed by Kate Brennan, who spoke so eloquently at the farewell to the late Robyn Kemmis at Sydney Town Hall earlier this year. Kate is the Local Facilitator of the Glebe Tree House, a ‘School as Community Centre’ at Glebe Public School. This is a huge and complex role, and I hope Kate will enlighten us as to some of the opportunities and challenges confronting her in the diverse community of Glebe and Forest Lodge. We are very fortunate to have Kate attend our AGM, and I look forward to her address.
Office bearers of the Society and other members of the Management Committee will be elected at the AGM and members are warmly encouraged to consider the benefits of active involvement in your Society. The positions open for election are President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary, as well as five other member positions. Nominations will close on 21 August.
Please get in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your interest in joining the Management Committee and to learn more about what is involved. We will be happy to provide information about the Management Committee and our very active subcommittees, which are open to any member to join. A nomination form is available here
Agenda for AGM
- Welcome and acknowledgement of country (Ted McKeown)
- Minutes of 2015 Annual General Meeting for confirmation
- Treasurer’s report for 2015-2016 (Jane Gatwood)
- Subcommittee reports (including questions on reports already published)
- President’s report (Ted McKeown)
- Election of Management Committee for 2016-2017 (Ted McKeown)
- Guest speaker, Ms Kate Brennan
- Close of meeting & refreshments