The final stage of the Foley Park upgrade has now been completed. A thin concrete band now marks the footprint of the original Hereford House, the first ‘gentleman’s residence’ built in Glebe in 1829. It was demolished in 1929. Picnic tables and benches now sit on what were the verandahs of the old house, and are already popular with people using the park. A series of panels gives information about the history of the site, including historical photos. A timeline of the site has been cut into the concrete edge.
A pergola has been constructed over the northern verandah location, and vines, Pandorea species, are valiantly climbing up the rather imposing structure. In a year or two we should be able to enjoy a vine-covered shelter.