We have recently uploaded to our YouTube channel an extract from a 1913 silent film with some great footage of Glebe Point Rd.
The film shows a real estate salesman, Peter Tighe, and family loading into a taxi to go to Stanwell Park where a developer called Halloran had released land for sale.
Lyn Collingwood tells us that Peter Tighe is in Sands for 1913 residing with his sister, an optician. Both are at 146 Glebe Point Rd, so we can probably assume that the property appearing in the film is 146 Glebe Point Rd.
The house at 144 is still there today, behind ‘The Pudding Shop’, an identical pair with 146 which was where the Rooftop Apartments are today. The butcher shop sign in the picture is on the side wall of the current Flavour of India.