The Glebe Society’s constitution sets out the organisation’s objects which include the following :
- Oppose developments detrimental to our heritage conservation values,
- Preserve and enhance the natural and architectural character of Glebe by encouraging the protection of heritage in town planning, architectural and conservation practices,
- Promote an interest in heritage conservation and appropriate maintenance practices, and
- Stimulate interest in the historical character of Glebe by encouraging research into the history of the area.
We set about this task by :
- Maintaining an active Heritage Subcommittee (See Local Issues – Heritage)
- Arranging heritage-themed talks and excursions
- Encouraging heritage property owners and occupiers to preserve the unique character of those places
- Informing Glebe residents of items of heritage interest and importance through the Glebe Society Bulletin and website.